7-8 hours' drive
We start early and drive through the towns of Devprayag and Rudraprayag to reach Sari village. Overnight in tents near the village.
2-3 hours' hike : 3 km
Visit the famous temple at Ukhimath before embarking on the trail through the town, heading east, up the hill to Deoria Tal. The pretty walk through rhodendrons takes one to the ridge above the town. Deoria Tal is a small lake with two tea shops around it. The views of the mountain ranges from here are fabulous. The Chaukhamba massif gets reflected on the clear water at times.
7-8 hours' hike: 10 km
Today is a fairly level walk through some beautiful forest and meadows. If you are trekking in the winter months, expect some snow in the shadowy areas. There are two camping options, either camp short of Chopta near a stream, or at the meadows below the shops at Chopta.
7-8 hours' hike
We start early today. Form the picturesque environs of Chopta, we take the path through the arch leading up to the temple. Tungnath is a short 2 km trek from Chopta. The temple is only visible in the last few hundred metres. We head up past the temple to the peak. Soaking in the beautiful 360-degree views of the Himalayas we begin heading down to Chopta and reach by late afternoon.
7 hours' drive: 203 km
On this day, we can visit Omkareshwar temple in Ukhimath. It is the winter abode of the idol of Kedarnath temple. We drive back to Dehradun and reach by early evening.
• Transport support from and to Dehradun: starting from pickup on day 1 to drop on day 5.
• Guide and cook fees.
• Rent for camping equipment.
• Forest entry charges.
• Porter and mule support to carry camping equipment. Please note that personal luggage can be carried by mules and/or porters on chargeable basis.
• All veg meals starting from day 1 dinner to day 6 breakfast.
• Tented accommodation throughout the trek.
• Transport to reach Dehradun from hometown.
• Personal expenses like tips, personal medicines, phone calls etc.
• Any transport support during the trek apart from what is included above.
• Accommodation in Dehradun.
• Personal luggage with mass not exceeding 12 kg per bag per person can be carried by porters/mules @ Rs 250 per day per bag.